- If you are seeking financial aid, we strongly recommend applying in Round One, as there will be limited financial aid available in Round Two.
- Please note that space in the school may be limited for Round Two applicants.
|APPLICATION PERIOD||SUBMISSION DATE||DECISION NOTIFICATION||FINANCIAL AID||SCHEDULING||SUMMER @ STANFORD|
|Round One (Priority)||January 16, 2019, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time||Mid March 2019||Available||Time constraints considered||Eligible|
|Round Two||March 15, 2019, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time||Late April 2019||Limited||No guarantee of time constraints considered||Not eligible|
Please Note: Applicants denied admission in Round One cannot re-apply in Round Two.
Steps to Apply
1. Select Your Enrollment Option & When to Apply
- Stanford OHS has full-time, part-time, and single-course enrollment options. Explore our enrollment options and admission outcomes to see which option is best for you. Please note: the status you indicate in your application is not binding.
- Students who apply by January 18, 2018, will be considered in our Priority Round. Students who apply after January 18, 2018, will be considered for Round Two.
2. Start Your Online Application
Create a Stanford OHS application account using the link above.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Application form
- Academic records (transcripts from this year and the past two years—unofficial copies acceptable)
- Standardized examination results (unofficial copies acceptable)
- “Stanford OHS 5” short-answer responses
- Essays (one 300 words, one 250–400 words)
- One sample of analytical writing (work samples must have been completed within the past year and must demonstrate a student’s best effort)
- Two recommendation letters (one Humanities/Social Science and one Mathematics/Science)
- Parent questionnaire
- Optional video essay
- Application fee: $100 USD
3. Plan for Your National Standardized Test and Select Your Recommenders
(Required of applicants independent of Enrollment Option selected: Single Course, Part-Time, and Full-Time)
- Review the standardized testing information for age-appropriate tests and choose a test that fits your timeline. Please be aware of limited test dates and up to one-month-long score reporting times. For Round Two applicants for the 2019–20 cycle, we recommend scheduling a test date in February 2019, as a test date in early March may not return results before our Round Two deadline on March 15, 2019.
- All applicants to Stanford OHS must submit at least two recommendation forms (one Humanities/Social Science teacher and one Mathematics/Science teacher). Think about the teachers who push you to do excellent work, and be sure to give them ample time complete your form. The best recommendations don’t always come from teachers in the courses in which you have earned the highest grade.
4. Applicants to Grades 7 and 8: Schedule Your Videoconference Interview
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants who apply by November 16, 2018, will be guaranteed an interview via our online webinar platform. Applicants who submit a completed application after November 17, 2018, will be offered an interview on a space-available basis. Applicants and their families will be required to be on camera for the interview. You can only schedule an interview once you have submitted your application.
NOTE: Recommendations and test scores do not need to be submitted until the admission deadline in January. Interviews are not required.
5. Check Your Application Status
Return to the Application Status and Materials Checklist page to make sure all of your application materials have been submitted. When your admissions decision is ready, you will receive an email notification that prompts you to log in to this page for the decision.