Who is considered for a Malone Family Foundation Scholarship?
Students applying for full-time admission to grades 7–11 who meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Meet all admissions criteria for Stanford OHS.
- Show superior motivation for academic excellence evidenced by indicators such as grade reports, test scores in the top 5 percentile, and other measures of achievement.
- Demonstrate financial need to qualify for funding of at least 30% of full-time tuition according to the NAIS SSS system.
What are the benefits of a Malone Scholarship?
- Funding for 30%–100% of tuition will be granted as a scholarship as long as a student maintains full-time enrollment at Stanford OHS, meets expected academic standards, and demonstrates financial need. Scholarship amount will be determined by need.
- Possible funding for one Stanford OHS Summer @ Stanford.
- Possible funding for college trip expenses, college applications, and college entrance exams.
How do I apply?
Any top student applying to Stanford OHS for grades 7–11 whose family is applying for financial aid will be considered automatically for the scholarship, although scholarships are usually awarded to students entering grades 7-9. In rare circumstances, current students taking only one course and intending to increase enrollment to full-time may be considered. Malone Scholars will be notified shortly after they receive admissions decisions. All students are encouraged to submit Stanford OHS admissions and financial aid applications by January 15, 2016. Students admitted under rolling admission may still be considered subject to availability of funds.
What else should I know about the Malone Scholarship at Stanford OHS?
- To remain eligible for the scholarship, families will need to apply for financial aid each year that a Scholar enrolls at Stanford OHS by the stated financial aid deadline.
- The amount of aid a Scholar is awarded may change year-to-year based on his or her need, but the student will remain a Malone Scholar as long as the student maintains academic standing within Stanford OHS.
- Malone Scholars and their families must agree to share their identification as Malone Scholars with the Foundation and within the Stanford OHS community as needed. Families must agree to release basic demographic and academic information to the Foundation.